Introducing Day 5 of our “Zesty Delights: A Week of Lemon Recipes” series! As we gear up for The Goleta Lemon Festival, we’re bringing you a daily dose of citrus-infused goodness.
Today’s recipe is a refreshing and cool delight that’s perfect for those hot festival days. Get ready to chill out with our Lemonade Ice Pops, the ideal treat to enjoy while strolling through the Goleta Lemon Festival. These icy popsicles are bursting with zesty lemon flavor and are sure to keep you refreshed. Let’s dive into the recipe and keep the lemony spirit alive!
Lemonade Ice Pops
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Lemon slices or mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Popsicle molds and sticks
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once the sugar syrup has cooled, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the lemonade mixture into your popsicle molds, leaving a little space at the top for expansion. If desired, add a small lemon slice or a mint leaf to each mold for a decorative touch.
- Insert the popsicle sticks into each mold and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until completely frozen.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, run the molds briefly under warm water to release the ice pops. Then, savor the icy goodness of your homemade Lemonade Ice Pops!
Stay tuned for more lemony recipes as we lead up to the Goleta Lemon Festival. Tomorrow, we’ll be bringing you another citrusy delight that you won’t want to miss. Keep the festival spirit alive with our Zesty Delights series!