Introducing Day 2 of our “Zesty Delights: A Week of Lemon Recipes” series! As we gear up for The Goleta Lemon Festival, we’re bringing you a daily dose of citrus-infused goodness.
Today’s recipe is a tantalizing blend of lemon and buttery goodness, guaranteed to brighten your taste buds and get you in the lemony spirit.
Get ready to zest up your day with our delicious Lemon Bars!
For the crust:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the lemon layer:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and flour for the crust.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon juice for the lemon layer.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the hot crust and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s lemony creation as we count down the days to The Goleta Lemon Festival! Don’t miss the chance to savor a week filled with lemony goodness. Keep that citrus craving alive, and we’ll be back with another delightful recipe to tantalize your taste buds.