Looking for something to do this weekend? Volunteer for Beautify Goleta, the City’s community-wide cleanup program, THIS Saturday, March 25! The City hosts four to five cleanup events per year with a different Spotlight Neighborhood each time. In 2022 alone, there were 366 volunteers, 4,872 pounds of trash picked up, and 23,010 pounds of Bulky Items collected!
Hollister Avenue and surrounding neighborhoods in Old Town Goleta are the Spotlight Neighborhood for this event. Residents in the area will have access to a FREE bulky item drop off from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Community West Bank parking lot (5827 Hollister Avenue). The parking lot is also the meeting place for a Community Cleanup from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. that is open to anyone who wants to come help pick up litter (sign up here to join!).
On event day, Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County will host our Spotlight location in Old Town. Other Beautify Goleta Captains will host additional cleanups throughout Goleta. Those locations include:
- Evergreen Acres Park with Captain Susan Klein-Rothschild
- Jonny D. Wallis Neighborhood Park with Captain Jerry Lucera from Waypoint Church
If you are interested in participating, but would prefer to cleanup at a different location in Goleta, you can use our self-guided cleanup program. Just be mindful of not going on private property.
This year, the Beautify Goleta March event is part of the Caltrans Clean California Community Days program “Spring Into Action,” a volunteer service event and celebration from March 17 – 27. Check out all the events online here.
Additional Beautify Goleta dates for this year are:
- April 22 – Beautify Goleta: Earth Day
- Los Carneros East & West Neighborhood Spotlight (Stow Grove Park, 580 North La Patera Lane)
- Spotlight Captain: Goleta Rotary and Community West Bank
- July 22 – Beautify Goleta: Put A Smile On Your Place
- September 23 – Beautify Goleta: Coastal Cleanup Day
Thank you to Community West Bank for its support, our new and returning Captains, and to everyone who has helped #BeautifyGoleta. We hope to see you on Saturday! www.CityofGoleta.org/BeautifyGoleta