As part of a campaign celebrating National Library Week, Santa Barbara Public Library is inviting local businesses to show their support for libraries by offering a special promotion to customers that show their library card when making a purchase. Not only is this a fun perk for our residents who have a library card, it’s a fun way to highlight our local business community. Joining is easy – just complete this very quick survey.
Promotions could include:
- a percent off total purchase
- a percent of purchase offered as a donation to the Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation
- a special offering or discount (i.e., a literary-themed cocktail or a cookie decorated as a book – these are just ideas, we don’t want to limit any creativity!)
Promotions could be offered all week or just on one specific date during the week.
In addition to showing your support for the Library, by participating in the promotion your business will receive:
- Recognition on the Library’s website and on a poster in each SBPL location
- A feature in our newsletter with 40,000 subscribers of almost exclusively local residents who frequent Downtown and Milpas Street
- A feature on social media promoting your business
- A custom sign to display in your business showcasing your promotion and support of SBPL
All businesses that operate in the Library’s service area (the City of Santa Barbara and Montecito) are invited to participate. To join the National Library Week campaign, complete this survey by April 7, 2023.
About National Library Week
National Library Week is an annual celebration highlighting the valuable role libraries, librarians, and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening our communities. SBPL lends books and materials in many formats and provides access to a variety of online educational resources, and our Library of Things collection lends items like museum passes, musical instruments, STEAM activity kits, and more. SBPL’s programming brings people together for education and connection through book clubs, storytimes, workshops, poetry readings, lectures, and more. The Library also provides critical infrastructure that allows our community to thrive by providing internet and technology access, literacy skills, and support for businesses, job seekers, and entrepreneurs.
About Santa Barbara Public Library
The Santa Barbara Public Library is a department of the city of Santa Barbara and is dedicated to supporting education for all ages through classes and events, building a community of readers, empowering individuals with free access to information, and connecting people to community resources. All Library programs, services, and events are free and open to the public. For information, visit www.sbplibrary.org.
About Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation
The Santa Barbara Public Library Foundation provides financial support for large scale capital projects like the Children’s Library Renovation, the Michael Towbes Plaza Project, and special community events like Santa Barbara Reads. Learn more by visiting sblibraryfoundation.org.