The Maria Ignacio Bike Path located East of Patterson Avenue on Hollister Avenue is closed at this time and will be periodically for the next few weeks due to rain and scheduled maintenance work. We appreciate your patience as we make improvements to this approximately 1/4 mile-long bike path.
With upcoming rain in the forecast, we also want to remind our community that there are three self-service sandbag stations in the City of Goleta.
- Fire Station 11 (6901 Frey Way and Storke Road, just south of Santa Felicia, across from the main post office)
- Fire Station 14 (320 Los Carneros Road next to the Stow House Museum lot)
- Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue)
Here are some things you should know about sandbag pickup:
- Sand and bags are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pick-up is open during daylight hours, seven days/a week.
- 20-bag limit (additional bags can be purchased at home improvement stores).
- The bags are for residents.
- Bring your shovel to fill the bags.
- It is easiest to fill the bags with two people — one to hold the bag and the other to shovel the sand.
Stay informed, register for emergency alerts from Santa Barbara County at readysbc.org, and signup for emergency information from the City at https://tinyurl.com/GoletaEmergency. Get more tips on winter storm preparedness here.