In anticipation of the upcoming storm, the Santa Barbara County Fire Department and the Operational Area departments will be prepositioning resources with increased staffing funded by the California Office of Emergency Services. The added personnel (Approx. 38 personnel) and equipment will allow surge capacity augmenting standard response levels for incidents caused by rain, wind, and flooding between March 9th (5 pm) – 12th (8 am). Sunday, March 12th, preposition resources will be reevaluated for continuation based on weather conditions related to the projected atmospheric river weather forecast.
- Task Force Leader
- CRP (Carp/Summerland Fire) Type 6 Engine
- LMP (Lompoc Fire) Type 6 Engine
- (2) Type 3 Engines from Santa Barbara County Fire Department located in Sisquoc and Buellton
- Heavy Equipment Task Force Leader
- Heavy Equipment: Grader, Excavator and Loader- Los Alamos
- SBC Handcrew at Cachuma
- Emergency Communication Center Captain
- Logistics Section Chief
The predicted storm temperatures are expected to be warmer conditions associated with a Pineapple Express. Warmer rain has the potential to melt backcountry snowpack increasing water levels in local rivers and creeks. Please stay away from local creeks, rivers and embankments.