The City of Goleta needs your help in obtaining a Clean California Local Grant. The City would use the grant funds for projects to reduce trash and pollution and beautify Old Town Goleta. We are seeking community input on the types of projects the City should do if we receive the grant, such as adding additional free bulky item picks up, planting drought-tolerant plants, putting up art installations, and more. Tell us your preferences by completing our survey by Friday, April 14, 2023.
- The survey in English: www.surveymonkey.com/r/93X9F9Q
- The survey in Spanish: www.surveymonkey.com/r/NFBP5PJ
Caltrans developed the Clean California Local Grant Program to beautify and improve local streets and roads, tribal lands, parks, pathways, and transit centers. By adding beautification measures and art in public spaces along with removing litter and debris, this effort will enhance communities and improve areas for walking and recreation.
The goals of the Clean California Local Grant Program are to:
- Reduce the amount of waste and debris within public rights-of-way, pathways, parks, transit centers, and other public spaces.
- Enhance, rehabilitate, restore, or install measures to beautify and improve public spaces and mitigate the urban heat island effect.
- Enhance public health, cultural connection, and community placemaking by improving public spaces for walking and recreation.
- Advance equity for underserved communities.
After the survey closes, the City will submit a grant application to Caltrans. We will be notified if we receive the funds in the fall.
Thank you in advance for your participation.