An EVACUATION WARNING has been issued as of January 8, 2023, at 3:38 PM for identified properties and areas in south Santa Barbara County associated with the Alisal, Cave and Thomas Fires. This EVACUATION WARNING is due to an incoming storm Monday, January 9 through Tuesday, January 10, with the potential to produce flooding and debris flows.
The EVACUATION WARNING may be upgraded to an Evacuation Order unless there are significant changes to the weather forecast.
- PREPARE to leave: fill gas tank, load up important documents, essential items, etc.
- LEAVE if you feel unsafe. DO NOT wait for an evacuation order.
- Be ready to leave at a moment’s notice.
People with disabilities, access and functional needs should leave now.
People with large animals should leave now.
DO NOT attempt to drive while it is dark or raining, as roads may be damaged or your car may be swept away by moving water or debris.
BE PREPARED to sustain yourself and your household for multiple days if you choose not to evacuate, as you may not be able to leave the area and emergency responders may not be able to access your property in the event of road damage, flooding, or a debris flow.
Resources & Information:
- For animal evacuation information, call Santa Barbara County Animal Services at 805-681-4332.
- For large animal evacuation assistance, please call 805-892-4484.
- For Evacuation Center assistance and additional information, contact the Santa Barbara County Call Center at 833-688-5551 or call 2-1-1.
- Click here to register for Emergency Alerts to receive any changes to protective actions.