Earth Day is next Saturday, April 22nd, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than by helping to Beautify Goleta. The City of Goleta wants to remind you to volunteer with us from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. to help clean up three of Goleta’s open spaces: Stow Grove Park, Lake Los Carneros or Ellwood Bluffs. The park locations also include the surrounding neighborhoods. We hope you will participate in this special Earth Day edition of Beautify Goleta. As a thank you, each volunteer will receive a colorful Beautify Goleta t-shirt and a reusable Plastic Free Goleta cutlery set (while supplies last)! Sign up now at www.CityofGoleta.org/BeautifyGoleta.
The Beautify Goleta event also includes a free bulky item drop off for all community members. Bring your unwanted items to 6237 Cathedral Oaks Road near Stow Grove Park, our spotlight cleanup location, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Don’t miss this chance to start your spring cleaning. Please review acceptable items in the details below.
Volunteers can choose to participate at any of the below locations. A big thank you to our team captains for helping to make Beautify Goleta a success.
SPOTLIGHT CLEANUP LOCATION: Stow Grove Park and surrounding neighborhoods
- SPOTLIGHT CAPTAIN: The Goleta Rotary Club and Community West Bank
- Meetup: Stow Grove Park parking lot (580 N La Patera Lane)
CLEANUP LOCATION: Lake Los Carneros and surrounding neighborhoods
- Captain: Miranda Fierro with Girl Scout Troop #55531
- Meetup: Stow House parking lot (304 N Los Carneros Road)
CLEANUP LOCATION: Ellwood Bluffs and surrounding neighborhoods
- Captain: Nicholas Begane and Jessica Sahagun with Mariposa at Ellwood Shores
- Meetup: Mariposa at Ellwood Shores parking lot (190 Viajero Avenue off Hollister Avenue)
FREE Bulky Item Dropoff Event
- WHEN: April 22 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: 6237 Cathedral Oaks Road (near Stow Grove Park)
- WHO: Available to ALL GOLETA RESIDENTS
- Electronics, hazardous waste, and medications will not be accepted.
- Acceptable items include, but are not limited to:
- Mattresses and box springs
- Wood and metal furniture
- Plastic tables, desks, and chairs
- Wood pallets and tires
We hope you will join us as a Beautify Goleta volunteer this Earth Day. For more information on the program and how to be a team captain or to host a cleanup in your neighborhood, go to www.CityofGoleta.org/BeautifyGoleta.