What better way to spend Earth Day, Saturday April 22nd, than being outside helping to clean up Goleta’s open spaces? We hope you will join us for a special Earth Day edition of Beautify Goleta. Sign up now and volunteer from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. to help clean up at Stow Grove Park, Lake Los Carneros, or Ellwood bluffs. The park locations also include the surrounding neighborhoods. As a thank you, each volunteer will receive a colorful Beautify Goleta t-shirt and a reusable Plastic Free Goleta cutlery set (while supplies last)!
That’s not all we have in store for this Beauty Goleta Earth Day. You can also drop off bulky items for free along Cathedral Oaks Road near Stow Grove Park, our spotlight cleanup location, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Don’t miss this chance to clean out your garage, and please review acceptable items in the details below.
Here are the details including a shout out to our team captains at each cleanup location:
SPOTLIGHT CLEANUP LOCATION: Stow Grove Park and surrounding neighborhoods
- SPOTLIGHT CAPTAIN: The Goleta Rotary Club and Community West Bank
- Meetup: Stow Grove Park parking lot (580 N La Patera Lane)
CLEANUP LOCATION: Lake Los Carneros and surrounding neighborhoods
- Captain: Miranda Fierro with Girl Scout Troop #55531
- Meetup: Stow House parking lot (304 N Los Carneros Road)
CLEANUP LOCATION: Ellwood Bluffs and surrounding neighborhoods
- Captain: Nicholas Begane and Jessica Sahagun with Mariposa at Ellwood Shores
- Meetup: Mariposa at Ellwood Shores parking lot (190 Viajero Avenue off Hollister Avenue)
FREE Bulky Item Dropoff Event
- WHEN: April 22 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: 6237 Cathedral Oaks Road (near Stow Grove Park)
- WHO: Available to ALL GOLETA RESIDENTS
- Electronics, hazardous waste, and medications will not be accepted.
- Acceptable items include, but are not limited to:
- Mattresses and box springs
- Wood and metal furniture
- Plastic tables, desks, and chairs
- Wood pallets and tires
We can’t wait to see you on Earth Day for our most memorable and productive Beautify Goleta event yet! For more information on the program and how to be a team captain or to host a cleanup in your neighborhood, go to www.CityofGoleta.org/BeautifyGoleta.