Goleta — Spanish for “Schooner” — is a city located in Southern Santa Barbara County, California. Nicknamed “The Good Land,” it was incorporated as a city in 2002, after a long period as the largest unincorporated populated area in Santa Barbara County. Goleta is near the University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB) campus. According to the 2020 Census, the population of Goleta is 32,690.
“Noleta” is an unofficial name used to designate the unincorporated area located between the cities of Goleta and Santa Barbara. It is bounded on the east by Santa Barbara and Hope Ranch, on the west by Goleta, on the north by the Santa Ynez Mountains, and on the south by the Pacific Ocean. There are approximately 30,000 people that live in the Noleta area.
Shopping in Goleta
- Calle Real Shopping Center
- Stores include Albertsons, Backyard Bowls, Blenders In The Grass, Cold Stone Creamery, CVS, KFC, Kyle’s Kitchen, Los Arroyos Mexican Restaurant, Nikka Fish Market & Grill, Nikka Ramen, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Pet House, Sushi Teri, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, The Nugget Bar & Grill, The UPS Store, Trader Joe’s, and more.
- Camino Real Marketplace
- Fairview Shopping Center
- Stores include Bed Bath & Beyond, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Miner’s Ace Hardware, Panda Express, Rite-Aid, Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch, Sprouts Farmers Market, Starbucks, and more.
- Hollister Village Plaza
- Magnolia Shopping Center
- Old Town Goleta
- Businesses include Centennial Beer Hall, CopyRightSB, Destined for Grace Thrift Store, Goleta Bakery, Goleta Sushi House, Goodland BBQ, La Chapala Market, Larry’s 8 Day Auto Parts, Mariscos Santa Barbara, Noodle City, Old Town Coffee, Paperback Alley Used Books, Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant, Santa Barbara Gift Baskets, Santa Cruz Market, Spudnuts Donuts, The (original) Habit Burger Grill, Velo Pro Cyclery, and many more.
- Storke Plaza
- University Plaza Shopping Center
- Stores include Albertsons, Goleta DMV, IHOP, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue, Phamous Cafe, Planet Fitness, The UPS Store, and more.
NWS – Los Angeles